If you own a vehicle in Pennsylvania, you must carry auto insurance that covers bodily injury and property damage, as well as uninsured and underinsured motorist protection. If you finance your vehicle, the lender will also require you to carry collision and comprehensive coverage to protect its interests. All these coverages, along with others such as tort, loss of income and medical, can get expensive, which is why it pays to shop around and find the best rates.
If you live in Perry, Dauphin or Cumberland County and are in the market for auto insurance, Reisinger Insurance Agency, Inc. can provide the best coverage and the most affordable rates in the area. We’re a family-owned-and-operated agency that opened for business in 1955 — you can count on us for superior auto insurance products backed by friendly, personalized service.
We Offer Coverage From Some of the Top Auto Insurance Providers in PA
We’re proud to represent top-rated insurance carriers known for their exceptional products and financial stability. If you (and the other drivers in your household) have an excellent driving record, you may qualify for a policy from Erie Insurance, which traditionally offers some of the lowest auto insurance premiums in PA. We can also help you obtain coverage from other reputable insurers such as Progressive. Our staff will assist you in locating and applying for a policy that meets your needs and budget.
In addition to providing coverage for private passenger autos, we can also insure:
- Pickup trucks
- Recreational vehicles
- Antique automobiles
Before You Buy — Types of Auto Insurance Coverage Available
Understanding what auto insurance covers, as well as various limits available, will make it easier when it comes to shopping for auto insurance. The three parts of an auto policy include:
- Liability: Bodily Injury (BI) and Property Damage (PD), and a few examples of limits for each include:
- Bodily Injury Limits: $50,000/$100,000, $100,000/$300,000, $250,000/$500,000
- Property Damage Limits: $25,000, $50,000, $100,000, $250,000
- First party benefits: Medical (FPM), income (FPI), funeral (FPF) and accidental death (FPA)
- Physical damage: Comprehensive, collision
Pennsylvania has a state minimum limit requirement of BI $15,000/$30,000, PD $5,000 and medical $5,000
When you refer to Reisinger Insurance Agency, Inc., your Erie insurance company, we can provide the following types of auto insurance.
- Liability coverage: Liability pays for any injuries as well as property or vehicle damages to another individual for which you are liable after causing the accident.
- Collision coverage: Collision pays to repair losses to a car or property caused by an accident where no other parties were involved — for example, backing into a stationary object.
- Comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive pays for any losses not caused by a collision, like those from weather, fires, floods.
- Additional coverage: Examples of additional policies include uninsured or underinsured protection, gap insurance, roadside assistance and rental car insurance.
If you’re wondering what will affect your monthly premium payments, take a look at the following factors:
- Age and marital status
- Insurance score
- Driving record
- Amount of driving
- Type of vehicle
- Garage location
- Discounts applied for multi-car and multi-policies, driver-related and vehicle-related credits
How Much Insurance Should I Buy?
Purchase enough insurance to protect your assets, property values, and protect your way of life.
Without auto insurance, you risk the responsibility for harm you may cause to people and property.
You will be financially responsible for the cost of repairing or replacing your car if it’s stolen or damaged.
Types of Insurers to Consider
There are several types of insurers one should be knowledgeable of while shopping for auto insurance. They include:
- Voluntary carrier: Carriers that insure drivers with good records — typically offering better rates.
- Involuntary carrier: Carriers that insure drivers with less than a perfect driving record — usually with higher rates.
No matter which carrier you choose, it’s crucial to check if they have good ratings from A.M. Best Company and J.D. Power.
Information You Need When Shopping for Auto Insurance
Ensuring you are fully prepared ahead of time when shopping for the right car insurance is important. Several critical items you will need for the process include:
- Name and address
- Driver’s license number
- Social security numbers of all drivers who will be on the policy
- Year, make, model and VIN of the vehicles that will be insured
- Driving records of all drivers of the household
- A current copy of your declaration page
A Local Insurance Agency You Can Trust
Here at Reisinger Insurance Agency, Inc. we understand that purchasing auto insurance can be a complicated process, especially when buying a policy online. It’s not always easy to comprehend specific coverages and how they will impact you and your family. We can help you understand the ins and outs of the various policies, endorsements and limits offered by our carriers, providing guidance for every quote and answering any questions you may have throughout the process.
You can trust that as a local auto insurance provider, we can steer you in the right direction. We’ll take the time to ask the appropriate questions and provide you with a clear understanding of your policy so that you know you’re getting the best coverage at the best price.
After you purchase a policy, you should check for the accuracy of the policy once it is issued.
The following items can be used as a guide to ensure an accurate policy has been provided. Check that:
- Your name and address on the policy are correct.
- The year, make, model and VIN of the vehicle insured is correct.
- The limits you requested are accurately noted on the policy.
We always check for accuracy when processing your policy — however, mistakes can happen, and working with a licensed agent allows for a good working team to catch and rectify any mistakes.
As your policy renews, it is always a good idea to call your agency for a review.
- Report any mileage change.
- Review your coverage limits.
- Keep a list of question should they occur.
- A common question is why did my insurance increase or will my insurance decrease as I get older.
We Also Provide Comprehensive Policyholder Support
You may hope you never have to use your auto insurance policy, but if you’re in an accident, you can file a claim quickly and easily by calling us at 717-582-2321. You can also give us a call if you need claims assistance or help with other types of service such as adding a driver, changing a vehicle, paying your bill or increasing or lowering your coverages. You’ll always receive the prompt, courteous service you deserve.
Contact Us for a No-Obligation Auto Insurance Quote Today
If you’re tired of paying too much for auto insurance or dissatisfied with the service you’re getting from your current provider, you need to contact your local insurance experts at Reisinger Insurance Agency, Inc. right away. Give us a call or fill out and submit our contact form today. You can also contact us for a free quote to help you determine which policy is best for you.
Accidents Happen. We can help.
Your can count on our agents to help you make good decisions about your insurance protection. Did you know that if you’re a safe driver and you have a good driving record, we can work with you to get you a discount on your coverage! Here at Reisinger Insurance, we treat our customers like family.
Contact Us today to get a quote!